Thursday, December 28, 2006

Commitment...


Commitment: an agreement or pledge to do something in the future




“My level of commitment determines my level of success. My ability to fulfill these commitments is based upon the strength of my will. The pathway to future success is paved with daily obedience!”



Like many, I've spent some time over the last several days taking stock of the accomplishments of 2006, and looking forward to the goals for 2007. A wise man (my Pastor) says, "a plan not written out, is only a dream..."

Below are my physical goals listed to be accomplish by 1/31/07 (or sooner):

Lose excess weight (60 lbs) to look and feel better for myself, and to be healthy for my family, and to be a better example to the young people in my ministry, proving you can do anything you put your mind to!

Where do I need to improve?
  • Better time management. Stay committed/focused to goals

1.) Determine my target

Physical Goals: Lose 60lbs by July 1, 2007, broken-up in 13 week/10 lb increments
-By March 3,2007- weigh 210lbs
-By April 30, 2007- weigh 200lbs
-By May 31, 2007- weigh 190lbs
-By June 30, 2007-weigh 180lbs
-See abs by my 39th birthday November 6th, 2007
-Run 1/2 Marathon in 2007

2.) Count the cost- Must do these things daily:

-Review resolutions daily to remain focused
-Must get up early, No later than 5am
-Get enough sleep
-Run according to the plan
-Eat right

3.) Must develop a plan:

Running Goals

The Broad Street Run (10 Miles) Sunday- May 6, 2007
The Philadelphia Distance Run Half Marathon " Sept 16, 2007
The Philadelphia Marathon? " Nov 18, 2007


Running Mileage build-up for Jan:

Mon, Weds, Fri 3mi

Sat or Sun (Long Run, building up to 6mi) =15 mpw

Increase weekly mileage by 10% until running 25 mpw (more details to follow)

Diet:
-Eat 5-6 times throughout the day (3 meals, 2 -3 snacks) Mostly fresh fruits/Vegetables, 1 portion of Complex Carbs, 1 portion of protein
-Choose “appropriate” portion sizes –eat meals on small plate
-Drink at least 1 gallon of water/day
-Not eat after 7pm. Allow one "Free Meal" a week

Tracking:
-Use Cool-Running website Run Log to post mileage, weight
-Post weekly (maybe daily, see how it goes) mileage/thoughts on the run, running diary on this site

4.) Must initiate action:
-Start Jan 1, 2007


5.) Must stay consistent
-Takes 21 days to develop a habit
-Even if I don’t see results right away...DON'T give up!


“Act like there is a bomb attached to me that will go off if I go to bed and do not complete my daily goals”


6.) Finish the race (2007) strong
-It's not how you start...but how you finish!


"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful"
2 Timothy 4:7 (NLT)

No comments: