Saturday, January 20, 2007

Breaking the chain...


WEEK TOTALS
Running: 16.0 miles
Avg. Pace: 12:43/mile
YEAR TOTALS: 41.0 miles

The definition for insanity is doing the same thing over-and-over again, and expecting different results. Experts stat that it takes 21 days to create a new habit, or break an old one...

Well...Tomorrow, Sunday 1/21/07 is day 21. The chain has been broken, and I notice a change already. For example, this Thursday, I came home earlier than normal. I usually do my training in the morning, except for my weekend long run. Since I Incorporated weight training this week, on Thurs, I decided I would work out in the afternoon. It was a total break in my schedule, but I've made the switch in my mind that I will not miss a workout (and thankfully have not). As I was making my way to the garage to lift, I jokingly asked my 11 yr old son, "C'mon, let's hit the weights!" His reply shocked me..."Nah, I'd rather run!" Before I could even think, I said, "ok, after I lift, we'll go on a quick 2 miler"

WHAT?!

...who was THIS talking???

Before I knew it, we were off running on an unscheduled 2 mile run. We ended up running 2.5 miles actually. 3 miles on Mon, Weds, Fri. An unscheduled 2.5 miles on Thurs, and 4.5 miles today, Saturday...16 miles this week. This week has been quite an experience for me. Not just the 1st run with one of my children, but in the fact that I realize I am changing...I am moving farther away for a couch potaoe, and closer to a runner...and it feels great!

Until next time~

Dave

1 comment:

ufo-123 said...

Make a lot of information, more than 5000 dollars a week making please visit my blog