Monday, March 12, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-change...


Well...as you can see from previous posts, lately there has been a series of ups & downs. In the last week in Feb, I developed a nasty cold...mileage suffered...March 4th, I developed a nasty ear infection...mileage suffered...My runs have been less than stellar lately. I hit an 8 mile long run a couple weeks back...since then, I've been inconsistant in running and diet...to say the least!

Weight had not been an issue for me when I was younger. However, the older I got, I still thought I could eat the way I always did. Year after year the pounds came on, and year after year I made promises to myself to "lose it", which only lead to frustration and depression. I realize that I must allow God to change the wayI think about food. To once again make Him my refuge...not junk food, late night binging, or fast food in the car! I am married to a wonderful women of God! We have two boys and a girl. I currently work a full-time secular job, I am very active in my local church serving in Youth Ministry, and am 4 classes from graduating from Bible School.


Whew...confession is good for the soul, right?!

Till next time...
Dave

1 comment:

Faithful Soles said...

I will pray for you on your 30 day journey. Great post and a great example you are setting in your faith walk.

On another note, I wanted to thank you again for linking to our running Blog Database on the main Faithful Soles web site, which has now grown to bloggers from 38 states in the USA and 21 other countries. Your blog will be an inspiration to members who read it.