Tuesday, April 17, 2007

"Just Do IT!!!"


I'm back after being out due to injury...Plantar Fascitis. I was trying to baby it, but the best road was just to take some time off to avoid a long tern injury. I tried to incorperate lifting, and all was going well until my Doctor discovered I'd developed an inguinal hernia (anyone have any experience with this? Two weeks ago, I received a raise and a promotion (busier at work). I am back in Bible school taking classes...life is busy, but good!! The fast went well. Realized I function much better on Fruits, veggies, little if any dairy...

Without running (only once/twice a week) I've managed to keep the weight down around 230lbs...still too much though!


Anyways...after being sidelined due to injury, and coming to the realization I'm not getting any younger...I'm going for it! Due to the Noreaster yesterday, I got all the way to the office only to discover it was closed due to a State of Emergency.
So, I turned around, headed home, and watched the 111th Boston Marathon I have been recording.


I don't care what the obstacles may be...

I don't care about the aches and pains...

I'm tired of always wondering if I can...

This is my time to shine...

As I watched the Boston Marathon yesterday, I realized how many times Boston had come and gone and had not fulfilled MY running goals...


To qualify for Boston would be a dream come true...but I have to run a marathon before it in 3:29 (or less) just to qualify for Boston...nothing is impossible!


So, here we go again...

One foot in front of the other!


Until next time...

Dave

2 comments:

Jason The Running Man said...

Nice blog Dave and thanks for the comments on JSF. It was an amazing feeling 100 meters from the finish on Saturday, very emotional. Good luck in Philly (my birth place by the way)!

Faithful Soles said...

Dave, I hope your injury is healing up. I just started running again about 2 weeks ago after a 2 month layoff from a bad left shin splint. To put a smile on your face, go to my blog and click on the video link under my April 27 post. It is absolutely hilarious. Good luck in the upcoming 10 miler.