Saturday, July 28, 2007

Keep your eyes on the prize...!







Been busy, behind on posts, but here's what I've been up to....

Started the official 1/2 Marathon Training plan 7/16, with 20 miles logged last week. This week, I missed some runs due to the heat/humidity, and a late night schedule, but I'm still pluggin' away! I'm finding with the increase in mileage, there's an increase in cravings!!! I am go good for 3-4 days, and then WHAMMO! Also, I learned I HATE running in high humidity. The key is listening to my body, keep the diet on track, and get the runs in early!
So, as long as I stay to the plan outlined, I should be on track to 185lbs by the Half on 11/18/07. As an added incentive to continue AFTER the 1/2 Marathon, I surprised my wife and kids with the following...

On June 15th, 2008, (we will leave on the Sunday after the last day of school next year), for some fun in the sun and fly on a cruise a Seven Day Cruise to the Western Caribbean. Fly to Miami, Florida to board our Seven Day Cruise to Cosmel, Mexico, the Grand Cayman Islands, and Ocho Rios, Jamaica...

So, as I log each mile, my mind drifts to the day I will be at my goal weight, walking on some tropical beach, proud of my past accomplishments, and proud of my body...


Goals for next week 7/30-8/4:



  • Not miss a single run.

  • Get up earlier to run in the morning

  • Stick to diet plan

Until next time!


Dave

No comments: