Sunday, August 5, 2007

What a difference water makes!


Weekly mileage: 20.1

Current weight: 229lbs

Goal Weight: 185lbs

Had a great running week! Back up to 20 miles this week. Had some slight knee pain earlier in the week, but it seems to have subsided. I have never taken water with me on a run. However, with temps all week in the 9o's, and 85-90% humidity...it's either water or not run.
I did some reasearch online and came across the Camelbak Flashflo. I got it Sat morning, and used it for my 4 mi run. I could'nt believe how great a felt at the end after taking sips every mile or so...Used it today on my long run, and the same deal...what have I been missing?!
Thursday 8/9/07 marks 100 days until the 1/2 marathon. The weights coming off slowly but surely, and I'm increasing the mileage gradually. Just want to stay healthy and continue as I'm going...the plan is working!
Until next time...
Dave

No comments: