Saturday, November 17, 2007

The eve of breakthrough...


It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
~Mark Twain

Well...here we are. The eve of the Philadelphia Half Marathon. The culmination of ten months of training and planning...the eve of breakthrough...
I've done everything I can do. I've trained, ate properly. I've experienced set backs, but I won't be denied!
When I injured my knees, first my right, then my left...all I could do was rest...I had a thought of discouragement that, "oh well...maybe next year!"
NO!!!!
This is MY time to shine! This is my year of open doors! I will wake up early tomorrow. I will get to the race on time. My wife and daughter will be at the finish line to cheer me on. I WILL FINISH THIS RACE!!!
"But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."
Is 40:31
Stay tuned for the details of victory...
Dave

No comments: