Sunday, December 30, 2007

"Looking to 2008"

"You have to do the best with what God gave you...!" 
Mrs. Gump

Well, here we are...
The end of another year.  A year with ups and downs, highs and lows...a year than can be summed up for me in one word...perseverance!

My major running goal for this year was accomplished.  To run the Philly Half Marathon.  Now onto 2008...

This coming year, I have some short term/long term running goals...run the "Philly Trifecta":
  1. Broad Street 10 mi May 4
  2. Philadelphia Distance Run Sept 21
  3. Philadelphia Marathon November 23
maybe some 5-1ok's mixed in...

Other goals:
  • Weigh 200lbs by May 4th, 175lbs by Nov 6th
  • Run at least 1,000 mi for the year
  • Stay healthy and consistent
I've taken a few weeks off from running of any kind so my legs/knees can completely heal.  Plan to hit the road again and resume training on Tues 1/1/08.

Stay posted...
Dave

No comments: